Saturday, June 25, 2011

Peace Corps Cupcakes

A long time friend was in need of cupcakes for an important family celebration, and she asked me to help out! Her daughter was returning home from her volunteer work with the Peace Corps. After college at Texas A&M, Courtney got her first assignment, working with an Indo-Fijian (Hindu) community in Fiji. She stayed for quite some time and is now returning home.

In honor of the special event, I whipped up a few dozen cupcakes - Peace Corps style. :)

Cookies and cream, carrot cake with cream cheese frosting, vanilla with buttercream frosting
The liners that I used...since you couldn't see them in the other photo
When I was preparing this design Courtney's Mom, Nancy, sent me a link to her blog so I could check out some of her adventures in Fiji. I read a few stories about all of the things she was working to teach the people in the community. Tasks ranged from opening email accounts to brushing your teeth! It looked like an amazing experience, and I think it takes an equally amazing person to carry it out!

Welcome back Courtney. Enjoy your cupcakes!

Happy Baking,
AJ

No comments:

Post a Comment