Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Easter Cupcake Shooters

A while back I was browsing Pintrest and stumbled upon these things calls "Cupcake Shooters." Basically, they are mini-cupcakes layered between frosting in a plastic push-up pop. How cool is that?!?

With Easter approaching it gave me the perfect opportunity to make some. I ordered the pops from Etsy and plotted out my concept, Carrot Cake Cupcake Shooters. I layered mini carrot cake cupcakes in between yummy cream cheese frosting. I then topped each pop with green pipe cleaners made to look like the leafy green top of a carrot. To display them I put them in a container and filled it with Easter grass. NOTE: I kept them in position with a foam block.




When I delivered them to my daughter's school everyone thought they were so cute. I was really pleased with how they turned out and how easy they were to make. I have another dozen pop containers in my pantry. I have already started thinking of what to fill them with. Here are some of my ideas:
  • Neapolitan (strawberry and chocolate cake layered with vanilla buttercream)
  • Cake n' Ice Cream (any flavor cake layered between mini ice cream scoops)
  • Cookies n' Cream
The push-up pop containers are so versatile you can fill and present them in many different ways. The possibilities seem endless...

Happy Baking,
AJ

No comments:

Post a Comment