Tuesday, June 26, 2012

4th of July: Ice cream

As mentioned in my last post, I am devoting a series of blog posts to my favorite 4th of July treats. We have already covered the drinks so now we move on to my next favorite, ice cream.

I recently found this recipe in a random magazine I was flipping through. With a few little tweaks I turned it into an ice cream ready for any 4th of July celebration, or any day of the week! The best part, it doesn't even require an ice cream machine!



Cheesecake Ice Cream:
  • 8oz cream cheese, softened
  • 14oz sweetened condensed milk
  • 1 tsp lemon zest
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 1/2c of fresh fruit, chopped (I used strawberries and blueberries)
  • 3 graham crackers, crushed
Combine first four ingredients into a mixer. Blend until smooth. Pour mixture into a container and put into freezer for up to 4 hours, or until mixture becomes solid.

Removed container from freezer and put mixture into bowl and add fruit and crushed graham crackers. Mix with spoon until combined. Put mixture back into container and freeze for up to 8 hours or overnight.

Happy Baking,
AJ

No comments:

Post a Comment