Friday, January 21, 2011

Milkshake Cupcakes

I saw a recent posting on a site I follow, Bakerella. She was featuring some new paper straws that she bought and what she made with them. The outcome was milkshake cupcakes. They were really cute, and I was anxious to try to recreate them.

I decided to give them a whirl for my mother-in-law's upcoming birthday! I figured they would be the right sweet treat for the celebration. So I gathered my supplies and began to whip them up.

Checkout my version of Milkshake Cupcakes below:


I changed my version up a little bit. Instead of using silicone liners, I used some that look like bowls. I also didn't have cute paper straws, but regular colored ones work just as well. Then I opted for vanilla cake over strawberry...vanilla is more of a crowd favorite! :)

Just goes to show that you can recreate things you see on the Internet. Might not be exact, but it still turned out cute. Happy Birthday Debbie!

Happy Baking,
AJ

No comments:

Post a Comment