Sunday, February 13, 2011

A little lovin from the oven...

Nothing says Valentine's Day like sweet treats! Some people like boxes of chocolate, but me and my family prefer cookies and cupcakes! Not only are they great to share with family, they also make great gifts for coworkers and teachers. Check out the heart-shaped goodies I whipped up this year:

White cake with buttercream frosting and sprinkles. Heart liners by Wilton.

Vanilla almond sugar cookies with royal icing and sprinkles
*Note: Lovely background flowers courtesy of my husband.*
For the longest time I was never able to make cookies turn out right. Their shape would be too puffy or the icing looked off. I recently saw a posting on Bake at 350. She makes brilliant cookies, and she shared a few of her recipes on the site. Now I am hooked, and no longer shackled by slice-n-bake!

Vanilla almond sugar cookies & Royal icing

Hope your Valentine's day is full of sweet treats!

Happy Baking,
AJ

No comments:

Post a Comment