Friday, April 15, 2011

When oreos meet cupcakes...

I get a cupcake newsletter from Taste of Home each month. Last month I laid eyes upon a yummy cupcake called the Chocolate Cookie Cupcake. Due to cookie politics they don't tell you those are OREOS! My all time favorite cookie.

I was planning on making them for game night with friends, but my husband got sick. I mentioned that I wouldn't make cupcakes if we weren't going and he replied, "No go ahead, and if there are any left over I will take them with me next week." I guess cupcakes are like chicken noodle soup to him. :)

I followed the recipe as listed on the link above except for the frosting. Instead of store bought vanilla frosting I made my standard buttercream and added more vanilla to it. They turned out pretty yummy and they do go well with a tall glass of milk.


Happy Baking,
AJ

1 comment: