Saturday, November 12, 2011

Happy 1st Birthday Claire!

Today, I delivered cupcakes for a special little girl's first birthday! Her Grandmother, my friend/coworker Alaina, asked me if I could whip up a smash cake and 2 dozen cupcakes that resembled their theme, Hugs and Stitches.

Vanilla smash cake with all of the cupcakes

Up close of the cupcakes. They were topped with buttercream frosting and various handmade chocolate toppers.
These were so much fun to make, and I was able to try my hand at pretzel butterflies and daises! I normally only do numbers or small items, like hearts, so branching out like this was exciting.

Claire, I hope you have a blast smashing that huge cupcake. Thanks again for letting me be a part of your special day. (You too Alaina and Shelby!)

Happy Baking,
AJ

No comments:

Post a Comment