Saturday, August 27, 2011

Celebrate good times, come on!

Last weekend was filled with a lot of celebrations! I knew of at least 5, and I am sure there were others. First, my family and I were set to travel to Austin for a close friend's wedding that also landed on my husband's birthday.

Then there were a series of children's birthday parties that I worked on cupcakes for. The entire weekend turned out great, and the cupcakes were a lot of fun to make. Here are some of my creations from last weekend:

Tinkerbell Fairy Party
Our amazing photographer Jenny Miller, of Jenny Miller Photography, was hosting her daughter's Tinkerbell themed 3rd birthday. She picked up the cupcakes on Friday and she told me that her daughter, who she calls Miss Priss :), continued to ask her for one up until the party.

The vanilla cupcakes were decorated to match the 4 colors used in the invitation, and topped with all sorts of things to give it that fairy touch. I used Tinkerbell rings, hand cut fondant flowers of various sizes, and finally the most important touch - pixie dust!

Here is how they turned out:


Dora and Diego Party
In addition to the Tinkerbell cupcakes I crafted up some cute Dora and Diego cupcakes for a pair of siblings celebrating their birthday's together at Chuck-e-Cheese. Their mom Renee asked me to make up a couple of dozen cupcakes for the guests and two jumbo cupcakes for the birthday boy and girl!

The vanilla cupcakes were decorated with yellow and blue tinted buttercream, coordinating confetti sprinkles, and topped with character rings. The jumbo cupcakes (picture in next section) were topped with the same frosting, sprinkles, and the liner was wrapped with ribbon.

Here is how they turned out:

Jumbo Cupcakes
Finally, I worked on 4 jumbo cupcakes for various birthday boys and girls. Two of them were for the Dora and Diego sibling celebration. Another one was for my friend's son who was turning one, and the last one was for my husband. He saw me baking all of these cupcakes, and he knew they were for clients. I didn't want him to think I forgot him so I snuck in on especially for him. :)


After we arrived in Austin I took the boxed cupcake out of its hiding spot in the luggage and put it in the refrigerator in our room. Later that night I snuck it out, light the candles, and we had an impromptu celebration for him! I asked him he if knew about it and he said no. Success!!

Tuesday night tutorial
My friend Danielle was working on her son Carter's first birthday. He was the proud owner of the #1 jumbo cupcake above. His favorite movie is Despicable Me, and he loves the minions. Who doesn't? Those little guys are so cute. I want one for my house - seriously.

She asked me if I had any ideas of what she could do.  I found a concept online and shared it with her. Then we hosted a "minion making tutorial" at my house on Tuesday night. It consisted of chocolate, eyeballs, Twinkies, and lollipop sticks - sounds like a party to me. I checked in with her on Saturday to see how her minion making went. She said they turned out great. YAY! *high five D*

Here is how Danielle's minion cupcakes turned out...so CUTE!

See I told you it was a party packed weekend last week! August is a celebratory month. Are you tired from just reading this post?

No matter how many parties, making cupcakes is so much fun. Whether I am making them myself, or teaching someone else how to, cupcakes never get boring!

Happy Baking,
AJ

No comments:

Post a Comment