Thursday, December 23, 2010

Christmas Cupcakes Galore!

Two great girlfriends joined me in the kitchen today to whip up some Christmas cupcakes. We ended up making nearly 8 dozen cupcakes with wonderful flavors and cute trimmings! Here's our lineup:
  • Devils food
  • Vanilla
  • Candy Cane (half red velvet and half vanilla)
  • Chocolate Cherry Cordial
We all had a great time baking and trying out new decorations and recipes. Check out our Christmas cupcakes in all their yuletide glow:

The cast of Christmas Cupcakes

Left: Happy "Holly Days" - devils food with buttercream and holly sprinkles
Right: Merry and Bright - vanilla with buttercream and chocolate C4 bulb

Candy Cane Cupcakes - half red velvet and half vanilla with buttercream frosting and candy canes

Chocolate Cherry Cordial - white cake with chocolate and cherry bits
with chocolate buttercream and a chocolate dipped cherry
With so many cupcakes I just had to share. My friends, Katie and Jessica, took some to their families. I handed some out to my neighbors, and I am saving some for my family Christmas gathering. I might even leave some out for Santa with the cookies and milk. Santa likes cupcakes too right? :)

Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Happy Baking,
AJ

2 comments:

  1. Looks awesome. When will I see you on "Cupckae Wars"? Diana M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Diana. I now watch cupcake wars...not sure I am ready for that just yet.

    ReplyDelete