Friday, March 11, 2011

Mardi Gras Cupcakes

A while back I was browsing the internet and stumbled upon a cupcake that had bi-colored frosting. First thought that crossed my mind when I saw it, "Cool." Second thought, "I must master this technique." To prepare I did what most people do, Googled it. I read several blogs, watched videos, and examined pictures. It seemed easy enough. For my trial run I decided to go with Mardi Gras colors. Who doesn't love Mardi Gras??? Advice for those who don't...never turn away a good cupcake! :)

When I was finished I knew I had to have one more thing to make it complete, beads. I rummaged through my daughter's play jewelry and pulled out as many strands of beads that I could find. She didn't have very many, she likes superheros, and well they don't wear to many necklaces!



So how did I do it? I loaded each of the colors in saran wrap, rolled them the length of the frosting bag, and tied it off at one end. Then I inserted both frosting logs (not the best word, but it offered the best visual) into the bag. Then I began to squeeze them equally to load both colors in the frosting bag at the same time. Then I began piping away. It was pretty easy, messy, but easy.

Happy Mardi Gras to you!

Happy Baking,
AJ

No comments:

Post a Comment