Friday, August 5, 2011

Beat the heat with this cupcake treat!

Tonight I decided to whip up a nontraditional cupcake for dessert, and I didn't even have to heat the oven. Before I explain let me show you:

Yes, these are little bowls of ice cream formed in a jumbo cupcake pan. Therefore, they are properly named Ice Cream Cupcakes! The crust is made up of finely crushed waffle cones, and they are filled with blended vanilla ice cream. Here are the flavors:
  • Confetti sprinkles
  • Mini Reese's cups
  • Mini Oreo cookies
  • Chocolate syrup
  • Maraschino cherries
To top them off I whipped up some homemade whip cream, and added some coordinating garnishes. It was a delicious post-dinner treat.

Happy Baking Freezing,
AJ

Recipe adapted from Everyday with Rachel Ray

No comments:

Post a Comment