Saturday, October 2, 2010

Turn your favorite cake into a cupcake...

One of my favorite holidays is the 4th of July! Perhaps because it is my birthday, but I also like all of the traditions that go along with it:
  • cookouts
  • fireworks
  • parades
and most of all FLAG CAKE!


My Mom use to make this cake for me every year. One day I was craving this cake, but didn't want to make one this big. So I turned it into a cupcake:



Ingredients:
  • Angel food cake mix (cupcake baking instructions can be found on the side of the box)
  • Fresh blueberries, diced
  • Fresh strawberries, sliced
  • Cool Whip
Baking instructions:
  • Line cupcake pans with desired liners
  • Spoon in angel food mix; add blueberries
  • Bake according to box directions
  • When ready to serve top with Cool Whip and strawberries
Tips:
  • Don't add blueberries to cake mix; they will sink to the bottom and not make it into all cupakes
  • Wait until cupcake has cooled completely before eating. Otherwise, cake will stick to liner
  • Store cupcakes in air tight container to keep cake fresh

Happy Baking,
AJ

No comments:

Post a Comment