Friday, July 8, 2011

Fun Cupcake Friday

" I call this game FUN-IN-A-BOX ,"
Said the cat.
"In this box are two things
I will show to you now.
You will like these two things,"
Said the cat with a bow.
"I will pick up the hook.
You will see something new.
Two things. And I call them
Thing One and Thing Two."

- The Cat in the Hat

Confetti cake with vanilla frosting. Topped with blue cotton candy.

As soon as I saw these cupcakes on Annie's Eats I knew I had to try them for four reasons:
  1. My daughter loves to read Dr. Seuss. Couldn't you tell from the picture? Those are just some of her books.
  2. I love to decorate cupcakes with fun things - like cotton candy!
  3. Creating a perfect opportunity to tell someone, "Uh there is hair on your cupcake." 
  4. Finally because I wanted to give a shout out to a good friend via cupcakes! My friend Kristen and I were nicknamed Thing 1 and Thing 2 a while back. Probably because we had so much in common, and we were always together at work. It also helped that we wore solid red long sleeved jumpsuits everyday. ;) (Hi Kristen *nerdy wave*)
They were a lot of fun to make and they came together pretty quick. Have a great weekend and eat a cupcake, or two. Oh, and put some cotton candy on it. It really does taste good.

P.S. If anyone stumbles upon silver/gray cotton candy please let me know. I think I need to make a Don King cupcake next. I'm off to find miniature bow ties...


Happy Baking,
AJ






No comments:

Post a Comment