Saturday, September 24, 2011

Never let a good cupcake go to waste...

I had 6 cupcakes leftover from the bling order last night. I put them away in the fridge undecorated, and 4 survived the night. :) Today I decided to decorate them and try out a new filling - strawberries and cream. I enlisted the help of my 4 year old to work on the filling and frosting. She was glad to help pour and count scoops. She was even happier when I told her that she got to sample her work! I think I may have a permanent assistant now whether I want it or not. ;)

The end result was unbelievably amazing. I shared them with my neighbors so they could sample the new creation. The first taste tester, Kristine, loved them. I think she called me a taste bud whisperer or something like that. LOL This just goes to show that you should never let a good cupcake go to waste. It may have been an extra, but it became extraordinary!

Here is the recipe for the filling, just in case you have any spare cupcakes, angle food cake, or a spoon looking for something the do. :)

Strawberries & Cream Filling 
  • 1 cup heavy whipping cream
  • 1/3 cup of sugar
  • 1 tsp of vanilla extract
  • 6-8 tablespoons of fresh strawberries diced
Put strawberries into a food processor/chopper and chop until they are thick and a little liquidity.
Put the whipping cream and vanilla in a mixer and blend until thick. Then add sugar and blend.
Fold in the chopped strawberries

To fill your cupcake, cut out the center with either a knife or the large opening of an icing tip. Spoon in filling, and cover with part of the cake you cut out. The flatter the surface the easier it is to frost.

Happy Baking,
AJ

No comments:

Post a Comment